Desired Competencies for Leadership
Based on guidance from the Board of Directors, the following criteria are used to evaluate candidates for volunteer positions:
- Lead with vision - Planning for the future with creativity, wisdom, and foresight.
- Act with integrity - Operating with transparency and in alignment with our values and principles.
- Demonstrate thought leadership - Building trust and influence within our community.
- Aspire to excellence - Striving for continuous improvement through learning, growth, and development.
- Engage as stewards - Managing CLARB’s resources and mission with care and respect. Good stewards leave the organization better than when they joined.
- Work collaboratively - Engaging stakeholders and partners to develop and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Foster inclusive community - Cultivating meaningful connections among our stakeholders.
Additionally, the Board has identified the following perspectives as future leadership needs of the organization:
- Member Board Executive (MBE) perspective – a valued perspective that brings knowledge of the unique challenges of this community and is invaluable for advancing regulation outcomes.
- Global perspective – practices (educated and trained outside the United States or Canada) in a different regulatory environment or does not have a regulatory framework; may help us build relationships with IFLA or other global partners.
- Large multi-discipline firm – experience in international work; can help CLARB better understand challenges to employees to serve in volunteer roles, may be employing internationally educated/trained employees, has offices in multiple jurisdictions.
- Influencer – a natural advocate that can communicate the CLARB story, promote CLARB and make connection to the CLARB 2.0 story.
- Canadian perspective – Canada has a completely different licensure system. Having this perspective represented on the Board may help implementation of the Uniform Standard in Canada, as well as the international (and current member) perspective.