August 2020 L.A.R.E. Test Center Information
Looking for COVID-19 information and L.A.R.E. updates? Click here.
ALERT: All test centers are experiencing capacity challenges due to local regulations related to COVID-19. Some jurisdictions' regulations are limiting testing to essential exams, of which the L.A.R.E. does not qualify. In these jurisdictions, candidates may not be able to schedule appointments at this time, but we encourage you to check Pearson's site regularly as the local regulations are changing rapidly and appointment availability will open accordingly.
The following jurisdictions are scheduling essential exams only*:
*Subject to change, local restrictions may apply to jurisdictions not listed, last updated 7/1/2020
TEST CENTER AVAILABILITY UPDATE:
As you are aware, COVID-19 has created unprecedented capacity challenges in the testing world.
CLARB has been working diligently with Pearson VUE to develop the best possible solutions to accommodate all candidates who would like to test, while following local governmental restrictions and recommendations for public safety.
CLARB and Pearson VUE have made additional test centers available to our L.A.R.E. candidates. These test centers are considered third party, run by third-party companies, and an agreement has been made to allow CLARB candidates to test at the centers during this unprecedented time. Please be aware that these centers are currently only available for test dates in August and September and may not be available for future administrations.
A few key things you should know about test centers:
- When scheduling, the traditional centers will have the name Pearson Professional Center. Any center without this title will be one of the temporarily available third-party centers.
- Third-party centers set their own policies and procedures so your experience may be slightly different than you have experienced at the traditional Pearson VUE Center.
- Due to the centers being owned by third-party companies, they may or may not require face masks for the staff and/or candidates. At this time, all traditional Pearson VUE test centers are requiring face masks for candidates testing and CLARB is encouraging all candidates to wear face masks while testing regardless of the center selected. Candidates without face masks may be denied access to the exam and will lose their exam fees.
- The availability of these test centers are currently limited to the August administration (August 1-September 19). CLARB will determine the need to utilize the centers for future administrations due to the impact of COVID-19 as we have more information.
- Both Pearson Professional Centers and third-party centers are experiencing capacity challenges due to local regulations related to COVID-19. Some jurisdictions' regulations are limiting testing to essential exams, of which the L.A.R.E. does not qualify. In these jurisdictions, candidates may not be able to schedule appointments at this time, but we encourage you to check Pearson's site regularly as the local regulations are constantly changing and appointment availability will open accordingly.
- All test centers are also subject to local capacity requirements limiting the number of people allowed inside at one time. At this time, Pearson Professional Centers will only schedule appointments that fit this requirement, while third-party centers may allow you to schedule but then adjust for compliance as it gets closer.
If you do not have an appointment scheduled, we encourage you to continue to log into Pearson VUE's site (www.vue.com/clarb) and search for available appointments as regulations are continuously changing and appointment availability may increase.